A Calendar Full of Fun and Festivals
In Burkesville-Cumberland County, the year is full of events that create that hometown feeling for residents and visitors alike. Old-fashion parades, River Festivus, and classic Independence Day festivities are family-friendly events that delight and entertain. Motorcycle enthusiasts have several events tailored just for them to enjoy the outstanding landscape of Cumberland County’s rolling hills, lake, and river. Because of the natural beauty of the area, several events center around Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park (DHLSRP).
For detailed information about these events, visit our Recreation page.
- R. Fred Capps Memorial Baseball/Softball Tournament - Spring Break
- DHLSRP Easter Egg Hunt
- DHLSRP Campers Appreciation Weekend, April 29 - May 1, 2022
- European Riders Rally - Third weekend in May
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Hippi Tippi Barn Sale - Bodock Farms, 153 Jack Scott Road. Vendor extravaganza held in May and September.
- DHLSRP Hook or Hike Day
- River Festivus
- The Mighty Cumberland River Run - Part of River Festivus
- Kentucky State Fair - Louisville, KY
- Annual R. Fred Capps Memorial Golf Tournament - Second Saturday
- Cumberland River Bluegrass Festival and Cumberland County Quilt Show - Third weekend
- Steel Horse Stampede - Fourth Sunday
- Rollercoaster Fair and Yard Sale - First weekend
- DHLSRP Annual Horseman's Roundup
- DHLSRP Haunted Hollow
- AutumnFest - Last weekend
- Marrowbone Christmas Parade - First Saturday after Thanksgiving
- Veterans Day Ceremony
- Burkesville Christmas Parade - Second Saturday @ 5 p.m.
- Christmas on the Square - Tree Lighting Celebration
- DHLSRP New Year's Celebration